FLYING STACCATO Violin Bowing Technique | Violin Lounge TV #458
All about the violin bow technique flying staccato
Examples, symbols, tricks and step by step practice instructions
Get a beautiful clean and controlled flying staccato
Video lesson content:
- 00:22 flying staccato vs solid staccato vs flying spiccato
- 01:35 hack to learn flying staccato
- 02:00 semi-passive bow technique
- 02:29 place on the bow
- 03:49 sheet music notation
- 04:02 how to practice flying staccato
- 04:35 example from Paganini’s 2nd violin concerto
- 06:02 tilt the bow
- 06:38 practice the run solid staccato in a low tempo
- 06:53 practice with accents
- 07:32 exaggerated practice
- 08:30 play with proportions in flying staccato
Is this helpful?
Support my work by sharing it on Twitter:
Performances featured in this video:
Learn all about the 24 different bowing techniques on the violin in this video lesson with beautiful examples.
Looking for a video lesson on simple staccato? Here’s my video about staccato vs martelé that will give you some clarity.
Improving your bowing technique is the key to overcome technical struggles and pour your heart out in music. Do you want me as your violin teacher and work on bow technique together? Join my program Bow like a Pro.