How To Train Your Pinky to Play Violin and Viola (left and right pinky) [Pinky Training Program]
Do you have difficulties with playing the fourth finger? (your left pinky)
Do you have difficulties with smooth bowing, because your pinky is to weak to do the work? (your right pinky)
Ok, let’s get those pinkies into my Pinky Training Program!
In this video I share exercises to train the strength and flexibility of your pinkies:
1) Play piano in the table (until you can crush a sugar cube)
2) Always use your right pinky actively in bowing: your bowing will be more smooth and controlled
3) Don’t avoid the 4th finger (this pinky will not get trained and it will be even more scary in the future)
4) Place your fingers confident, attack the strings
5) Practice bowing movements with a pencil
Is this video useful to you? Please let me know in the comments!