How to Replace your Violin Strings (close up and detailed) | Violin Lounge TV #419
This video shows you exactly how to change a broken violin string yourself step by step
It’s close up, so you can follow along easily
- 00:57 Replace the G string
- 01:07 Soap or chalk your pegs. Buy peg soap here.
- 01:16 Clean the fingerboard. Buy fingerboard oil here.
- 02:14 Replace the D string
- 02:42 Tip: Make sure the string is not twisted
- 02:55 Replace the A string
- 03:05 Tip: Keep tuning the strings you just replaced
- 03:29 Placing the string in an integrated finetuner
- 03:45 What to do when the peg slips
- 03:51 Tip: Straighten the bridge in between tuning
- 04:06 Replace the E string
- 04:33 Integrated finetuner shown from the side
- 04:52 Placing the bridge protector correctly
- 05:05 Tip: Keep tuning!
- 05:15 Fix a slipping peg
- 05:25 Clean your violin. Buy cleaning fluid here.
- 05:52 Voila!
- 06:05 Wittner integrated finetuners
- 06:20 Tip: Use pencil on the bridge
Violin strings I recommend buying as a violin teacher
Good quality, but affordable violin strings I tested and recommend.
Old vs new violin strings. Can you hear the difference?