How To Play Fast Notes Rhythmically
Thanks for these videos! I think a video about how to play consistently throughout the song. Sometimes especially with eighth notes I trip up and not all of them are the same length when you play them. I get this and my fingers aren’t in rhythm and it almost sounds like I’m playing swing instead of just eighth notes. I think other people have this too. My piano teacher has talked to me about keeping my fingers in the same rhythm and keep the notes consistent but I still struggle so I don’t know if this would make a good video but it’s just a suggestion.
First of all: there is no point in endless repetition.
I will share with you some strategies to practice fast pieces efficient, effective, fun and creative.
- Practice the eighth notes in groups of four.
- Play four notes really fast, but take a pauze before you play the next four.
- Repeat the first two steps with batteries of two, three, eight etc.
- Try to find the two notes that make it difficult, the notes that make you trip. Find the cause if your trip.
- Do it wrong by purpose (for example: play in swing), so you store the notes in your finger memory.
- Play rhythmical variations, as much different variations as you can think of.
- Don’t repeat the same thing over and over and over again, but be creative.
I’m sure these exercises will be helpful to you. Let me know what your results are.
Is this useful to you? Please let me know in the comments below!
PS: Do you have questions or struggles on violin or viola playing? Post a comment below or send an e-mail to email@example.com and I might dedicate a Violin Lounge TV episode to answering your question!
I did not know that you were also
studying piano. congratulations and I wish you
the most fun in playing music.
Thank you for your congratulations!
I wish you happy practicing and beautiful playing!