Gewa Air 1.7 Violin Case Review | Violin Lounge TV #278
Are you looking for a compact and light violin case that looks good and protects your instrument very well?
In this video I review the Gewa Air 1.7 violin case
I’ve been using this case in glossy black myself for over a year and tell you all about the pro’s and cons
The Pro’s of the Gewa Air violin case are:
- light weight: 1.7 kg
- compact, certainly if you take the violin shaped version
- durable and strong
- beautiful design
- high end finish
- made in Germany
The cons of the Gewa Air violin case are:
- small (however there’s more space in the rectangular version)
- glossy finish easily gets scratches, so pick a mat or leather finish if you care about this
- higher price class
If your instrument is very precious and you are looking for a light weight, compact durable and strong case that looks good, this is certainly worth the investment. The finish is far more beautiful than that of a Musilia case or cases made in China.
If you want to put a lot of stuff in your violin case, choose a the rectangular version or a case that has a bit more compartments and space.
- High Gloss colors: Black, White, Red, Beige, Brown, Orange, Purple.
- Matte colors: Black, White.
- Metallic colors: Black, Silver
- Special color: Black Metallic (+$40)
- Size: 4/4
- Weight: 3.52 lbs.
- Padded and adjustable suspension system
- Velour interior
- Especially developed thermoplast-shell
- Extremely high break-resistance
- Outstanding isolation characteristics
- 2 Gewa patented swivel type bow holders
- Instrument blanket
- Neck restraint
- Shoulder rest strap
- Useful and detachable accessory pocket
- 2 detachable neoprene rucksack straps for high wearing comfort
- Combination lock
- Ultimate Violin Protection
Made in Germany
Most valued features: