9 Things You Can Do About Sloppy Position Play
Position play is something that lots of violin and viola players find difficult and sometimes scary.
How to ‘get’ that high note in tune confidently?
In this video I share with you 9 tips to make your position play more confident, more in tune and less scary.
1) Learn every position separately (one by one, one step at a time and train it in scales and exercises
2) Change positions slow and lazy (like a cat that leaps)
3) Keep training your position play, maintain your technique
4) Every change is different and should by practiced separately
5) Use ‘in between’ or ‘help’ notes
6) Change positions with your whole arm, not just one finger
7) Find reference points on the violin, so you always know where you are and where you are going
8) Choose handy fingerings
9) Don’t jump, do it smart
Is this video useful to you? Please let me know in the comments!
PS: Do you have questions for me on violin or viola playing? Post a comment below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org